Alienware X17 R1 is between the thinnest gaming machines that has been produced, a little of five percent thinner than even the M17 R4, and that it was already a laptop of Svelte games. It is also improved with alienware’s exclusive thermal cooling material, element 31, together with a number of other attractive specifications.
Specification of Alienware X17 R1
- 17.3-inch display options
- FHD (1920 x 1080) at 165Hz 3ms or 360Hz 1ms
- UHD/4K (2160 x 3840) at 120Hz 4ms
- Nvidia G-Sync and Advanced Optimus
- Up to Intel Core i7-11800H CPU
- Up to 32GB DDR4 XMP 3466MHz RAM
- Up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU
- Up to 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Alienware X17 R1 Is Industrial Design Legend
- Quad cooling fan design; Element 31 Gallium-silicone thermal interface material encapsulated for cooling
- Ports: 2x USB Type-C ports (One Thunderbolt), 2x USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen 1) with Powershare
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), wireless LAN, Killer E3100 RJ-45 2.5G Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.2
- Five power modes: performance, balanced, battery saving, tranquility, full speed
- MicroSD card reader
It is not denying that the alienware x17 r1 is a visually striking laptop. Having taken it out of the box, even before turning it on, that’s clear. That is thanks to the aesthetics of alienware design tested and reliable. This model depends on the whitish finish “Lunar Light” that we have seen and beloved on alienware previous laptops. It is also remarkably thin, but it is not especially light, and that is due to all the technology that is spreading under the hood. But also because it depends on a 17.3-inch screen, which is frankly much more immersive than 15-inch 15-inch laptops.
Best Deals For Alienware X17 R1
|Alienware X17 R1||–||$4049|
We enjoy the subtle and not so subtle accents of X17 R1. The large honeycomb style cooling vents, for example, tap around the body, around the keyboard, above the keyboard, on the sides of the chassis and on the back, and they certainly help keep the machine running well when playing. However, they certainly do not help with the noise when they are established in the performance mode, but more on that later. A strange look and something frustrating from the design of this laptop is the placement of the port.
Alienware has designed the X17 R1 with its connectivity around the back of the machine. Therefore, if you want to connect a mouse, headphones, external display or, in fact, anything else, then you need to reach the back of the laptop. The second smaller complaint that we have here is that there are only two USB-A ports on this machine, so you will need a dock if you want to use multiple devices.
There are USB-C ports, but USB-C connections are not universal for peripherals, so this could be frustrating depending on which kit has. That said, it has the convenience of Ethernet, HDMI and exhibit port connections, so much opportunity to connect to multiple devices. We hooked the X17 R1 to the Gargantuan Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 (with its resolution of 5120 x 1440) and we had no problems driving to the games. Do you have a large monitor? No problem.
The quality of the alienware screen is really quite something. The revised model sports a 4K panel, but there are other options with faster update rates at a lower HD resolution. Although the laptop is thin, the screen is just less bezel. This is not necessarily a bad thing, since it means that there is space for a sensitive placement of the integrated webcam. But maybe it will come out quickly.
Compact keyboard design
- Truly Ultra low profile profile laptop keyboard
- Low profile switches of CherryMX, 1.8mm travel
- LED lighting RGB on key
- Backlit Touchpad.
- The alienware X17 R1 packed a compact and low-profile keyboard with cherry switches MX. This means all the kindness that would expect from a game keyboard, with N, anti-ghost keys reinvestment technology and a RGB lighting of four zones or by key.
As you will see, there are many of the usual keys you would expect and the design is certainly good enough to work. There is no Numpass, but most of the other keys are there. You also have access to the volume and function adjustment keys with secondary actions for the keyboard lighting adjustment, screen brightness and more.
All said that the alienware x17 R1 is a large package of games. There is a lot on offer here, including the great specification and visual design, in a slim and powerful package that makes little bad. We only have some smaller complaints about the configuration, some of which could simply combat that you perform the correct options in terms of the specifications options. That unit of 512GB, for example, is too small for most modern games. The Alienware X17 R1 continues the tendency of the company to release laptops game. It is out of this world.